The thing about paint…you can always paint over it.
That’s what I told myself as I started this project. Especially since my plan was to hand paint a design on the wall, and I am 100% NOT an artist.
A little Pinterest searching and I stumbled on a tutorial on how to trace a design on the wall (using a cardboard cut out) and tracing the penciled lines with paint. Since I had a box, a pencil and some paint – this project was 100% FREE.
Here are the steps in a nutshell:
- Trace a pattern on a box (I used an Amazon box) and cut it out
- Trace your cutout onto the wall
- Scoot it over about a 1/2 inch and trace it again
- Repeat step 3 over… and over… and over
- Use a paintbrush to trace over the penciled lines (focusing on the inside of the template)
Ps. The original Pinterest search brought me here: Jones Design Company.